Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans was founded in 1941. The HBA provides members with continuing education, events for networking opportunities and advocacy to protect the home building industry. The HBA is a non-profit professional organization serving currently 1,000+ builders and associate members encompassing 7 parishes throughout Louisiana including Jefferson, St. Bernard, St. John the Baptist, St. James, St. Charles, Plaquemines, and Orleans.
- Be the voice of the residential housing industry
- Enhance the climate and protecting the business interests of the membership
- Promote quality, affordable housing
- Educate members and the public as to industry business and association goals
- Promote ethical and professional standards for the industry
- Be a responsible citizen through active community involvement
Code of Ethics
Members of the Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans believe and affirm that:
- Homeownership can and should be within the reach of every American family. American homes should be built under the free American enterprise system.
- American homes should be well-designed, well-constructed and well-located in attractive communities, with educational, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
To achieve these goals, members of the Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customers, our community and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety and sanitation shall be built into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improved methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for, every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans.
Meet our Board of Directors
HBA Elected Builders
Life Directors & At-Large
Meet Our HBA Council Representatives
Advanced Building Practices Council
Roy Olsen, Chair
David Murphy, Chair
Michael Kraft, Chair
Professional Women in Building Council
Lisa Schoen, Chair
Wagner Rocha, Chair
Sales & Marketing Council
Helmut Mundt, Chair
Home & Garden Show President