Senior Officers of the Board
Immediate Past President,
Board of Directors
R. Brian Mills
* Denotes Life Director
Advanced Building Practices Council
Dorothy Stanich, Chair
Helmut Mundt, Chair
Michael Kraft, Chair
Professional Women in Building Council
Jo Ann Kostik, Chair
Rolf Parelius, Chair
Sales & Marketing Council
Lynda Nugent-Smith, Chair
Mission & Vision
The Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans is a professional organization representing the residential housing industry, serving our members and the community since 1941. Our membership is composed of approximately 1,100 dues paying home builders, developers, remodelers and associated businesses. The HBA proudly serving the parishes of Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, Plaquemines, St. John the Baptist, St. Charles and St. James.
Our Vision for Greater New Orleans:
- Being the voice of the residential housing industry
- Enhancing the climate and protecting the business interests of the membership
- Promoting quality, affordable housing
- Educating members and the public as to industry business and association goals
- Promoting ethical and professional standards for the industry
- Being a responsible citizen through active community involvement
Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics:
Members of the Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans believe and affirm that:
- Home ownership can and should be within the reach of every American family. American homes should be built under the free American enterprise system.
- American homes should be well-designed, well-constructed and well-located in attractive communities, with educational, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
To achieve these goals, Members of the Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customers, our community and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety and sanitation shall be built into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improved methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for, every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the Home Builders Association of Greater New Orleans.