There are many opportunities to meet members face-to-face at a variety of different types of meetings & events.
- General Membership Meetings are held every other month (with some exceptions) and feature guest speakers on a variety of topics, and provide a regular opportunity for networking. Check the upcoming events calendar on the Home page to learn about the next meeting.
- There are 4 major networking events held throughout the year for members to interact in a more casual environment. Visit the Events Page to learn about how you can participate in the Crawfish Boil, Wess Wyman Memorial Fishing Rodeo, Kick-A$$ Cook Off, or the Fall Golf Tournament.
- Many of our events benefit Camp Challenge. Click their logo below to learn more:
Major Public Events
|The Parade of Homes is an event put on every year by HBAGNO to give our members the opportunity to showcase their projects and products. Attendees who are looking to buy or build a new home can meet multiple builders and suppliers over the 2 weekends of the Parade.|
|Over 350 exhibitors participate in the New Orleans Home & Garden Show each year, and the list of the products and services they provide is extensive. The show puts vendors face-to-face with over 25,000 potential customers. Call Mike at 504.835.6383 to ask about your HBA member discount to exhibit.|
Southern Sportsman’s Festival & Expo celebrates the rich culture of the Southern outdoorsman. The Expo showcases the best hunting, fishing, boating, and adventure recreation that the South has to offer. Whether you’re looking for the latest gear, a new boat, or ways for improving your game, the Festival has it all.
Committees & Councils
The best way to get involved once you’re a member is to join a committee or council. Each of these groups has fun opportunities and useful information for all their members.
- Remodelers Council • Annual Dues $75
The RC meets once per month to provide members with a roundtable discussion forum with others in their industry.
- Advanced Building Practices Council • Annual Dues $75
ABP meets monthly to provide members with a comprehensive set of tools to build and remodel homes in an environmentally friendly way.
- Multifamily Council • Annual Dues: $200 (+ optional $25 per community)
MFC is a network of developers, builders, owners, managers, and associate members with a common goal: the growth, recognition, and success of the multifamily industry. The council meets quarterly.
- Professional Women in Building Council • Annual Dues $100
PWB is dedicated to supporting the professional development of women in the home building industry. It provides service to the membership through education and training programs that focus on professional and leadership development, networking opportunities and industry-related information.
There are no annual dues for the following groups:
- Associates Council • This active council plans, promotes, and runs yearly events like the Fall Golf Tournament and the Crawfish Boil. This volunteer-based council is a fun & easy way to start networking, and learn the inner-workings of HBA. To get involved, contact Lauren Galliano.
- Membership Committee • Membership is the lifeblood of any association. This critical committee meets once a month to recruit and retain members, while constantly working to develop new membership benefits. To get involved, contact Lauren Galliano.
• Member 2 Member Recruitment Tools
- Education Committee • This volunteer-based committee meets monthly to plan, promote, and host education events throughout the year. Through this committee, the HBA is able to provide Professional Designation and Continuing Education Classes at reasonable costs. To get involved, contact Philip Thomas.
- Legislative Committee • HBA staff and members lobby and monitor local, state, and federal legislation to ensure that our members’ business interests are well-represented and protected.
All of the marketing opportunities are outlined in the 2016 Sponsorship & Marketing Opportunities packet. Some sponsorships may be negotiated, and some may be added. Contact Lauren Galliano to discuss.